If you have a complaint or allegation regarding a violation of the Election Act, or Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure Act (governing provincial elections), or in regard to a violation of the campaign finance or third party advertising provisions of the Local Authorities Election Act (in relation to Parts 5.1 or 8), or the Alberta Senate Election Act, you should submit your complaint or allegation below.

Only complaints or allegations regarding the four Acts listed above should be referred to the Election Commissioner. Matters relating to federal election law violations should be referred to the Commissioner of Canada Elections.

Every complaint or allegation received by the Election Commissioner is reviewed to determine its basis and whether or not an investigation or some other recourse is warranted. As necessary, the Election Commissioner engages the services of contracted personnel to assist with the mandate and resolve matters in a thorough and timely manner.

Submitting a Complaint

If you have information about a possible offence that you believe was committed under the Election Act, the Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure Act, the Local Authorities Election Act, or the Alberta Senate Election Act – please submit your complaint using one of the methods below.

You are asked to provide:

  • Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
  • A factual description of matters related to your complaint including events, dates, individual(s) involved, circumstances, and the action or inaction that you believe may be an offence.
  • Copies of any documents that you believe are relevant.

  • Send your complaint and all relevant documents and materials to:

    Elections Alberta
    Compliance and Enforcement Unit
    100, 11510 Kingsway NW
    Edmonton, AB
    T5G 2Y5

  • Send your complaint and all relevant documents and materials to

  • Call us directly at 780.644.1250 or toll free 310-0000 then 780.644.1250

    • Cell/Home
    • Work/Other
    • Provincial Electoral Division name OR name of Local Authority — Municipality, School Board, Irrigation District or Metis Settlement (optional)
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.